Monday, December 29, 2014

Itinerary

The trip begins 1/1/2015.  The itinerary is here: Jan 1 - Jun 30, 2015 / Melbourne, Australia

Chicago to Los Angeles is  4 hours and 35 minutes with a layover of 1 hour, 42 minutes.
Los Angeles to Melbourne is 15 hours and 45 minutes.  Luckily, this leg will be business class.

This will be my 3rd time flying to Australia.  The first two times last year were from LAX to Sydney, then Sydney to Melbourne or Brisbane.  The first trip was particularly memorable because I somehow lost my boarding pass from Sydney to Melbourne and had to have it reprinted at the United lounge in Sydney.   And then 30 hours later the group I was traveling with flew to Malaysia. 

My second trip I flew to Brisbane, up north, and was there three weeks with time to do some sight seeing:

Here are some pics from Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo: Google Pictures - Australia Zoo
And some pics from the Lone Pine Kuala Sanctuary: Google Pictures - Kuala Sanctuary

But I digress.

While in Melbourne I'll be staying at Quest Docklands, 750 Bourke Street. Docklands VIC 3008

My assignment will have me working at USG Boral's Port Melbourne Manufacturing Plant and the Head Office.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment